• Cost Effective- Ranging from less than $100 to tens of thousands, there are still many options on the lower end
• Comfort- Area rugs with a nice pile provide immediate comfort to a hard surface
• Warmth- Added insulation is one of the many benefits of rugs
• Sound suppression- Typically, area rugs, and runners help to deaden sound from foot traffic
• Fashion- Unlimited styles, colors, textures and options for borders, sizes, and binding all provide any possibility for design
• Durable- Again, depends on the rug, but most are made to handle residential traffic
• Changeable- Easy to roll up, and replace (or move with you)!
• Maintanence- Can be cleaned professionally, some rugs require offsite cleaning
• Sustainable- Natural fiber rugs including wool are usually from sustainable sources
• Depending on many factors, area rugs and runners may "creep" or move around.
• Non skid rubber matting may have an adverse reaction to the floor below.
Lester Carpet specializes in custom area rugs and runners. "Custom" doesn't mean expensive- it means we can make any size that you need. We can make rugs out of almost anything that we have in our inventory, and we can also fabricate rugs out of almost any material in our showoom. We can make a natural fiber rug (seagrass, sisal, wool, etc.), low pile commercial commercial quality rugs, shag carpet rugs, and many more. The possibilites are numerous, and we handle most of our cutting and binding in our own warehouse which reduces turn around time. We can also make custom runners for stairs, and handle installation as well.
Standard- 1/4 inch machine bound edge. Simple. Finished. Inconspicuous. This edge is not always an option due to the small profile.
Serged- This is also a machine finished edge (hand serging is also possible but much more expensive per foot). This soft looking looped stitch is usually used with wool carpets.
Wide (top stitch)- Binding can be 3/4 inch and up. Wider bindings than 1.5 inches usually requires special binding to be ordered.
Wide (hidden stitch)- Binding can be 3/4 inch and up. Wider bindings than 1.5 inches usually requires special binding to be ordered.
"Square" edge corner
(wide binding only)
(wide binding only)
Other types of binding include: cotton, outdoor, canvas, vinyl, leather, or your own material