• Cost effective- Laminate is typically one of the more cost effective hard surfaces available.
• Sound suppression- Laminate flooring can be installed over a sound suppression membrane if needed
• Fashion- Laminate can emulate more than just wood, it can come in stone or other textures (including exotic woods which are no longer available for flooring). Laminate tends to "open" the floor space. Area rugs can be added or changed as needed.
• Durable- Laminate flooring can handle foot traffic without crushing or matting. New finishes provide heavy scratch, scuff, and impact resistance as well as resistance to changes from UV light.
• Maintanence- Laminate flooring typically requires less maintenance than most flooring options and is easy to clean thanks to the wear layer.
• Repairable- Damage to laminate can be usually be repaired by replacing damaged planks (it cannot be refinished).
• Some laminate has an unnatural "bouncy" feel to it, or a hollow sound when walked on.
• Laminate cannot be refinished, and damage usually requires replacement of the damaged boards
• Cheap or "economical" laminate tends to chip o scratch fairly easily, and can have a poorly made locking system in between the boards that can pose additional issues.
Lester Carpet can order laminate from most of the major laminate suppliers. We carry many different styles including commercial (AC4), and newer textured laminates